Thursday 21 December 2017

MAWTT - Anything But a Card

 Hello... yes it's nearly Christmas,

but we've got a lovely challenge for you, in case you feel like getting crafty over the festive holiday!!


our lovely team leader Wendy has chosen a fab theme of

'Anything But a Card'

some examples might be.... a homemade... wreath, cake/s, sewing/embroidery, painting, knitting, crochet... 
anything that takes your fancy... except a card!   😉

I've been doing a Cross Stitch for the past few months. Just fitting in a few rows here and there. Finally got it finished in time for Christmas.... it's a Ho Ho Ho Banner Kit by Dimensions. It looked a very simple design when I bought it, but soon realised that there are a lot of colour changes for shading. I love the finished effect though, and it was a real joy to stitch. The kit comes with felt backing and wire hanger. But I decided to frame it instead.


I am giving this as a prize:

My prize is a Christmas village set, but I reckon you could use this for an Easter scene or for wedding, christenings, new home etc. A very flexible set of dies.

Please do pop over to our main site at MAWTT for more details... and there you can see the rest of the Team's awesome creations and a list of all the prizes that you could win!! I hope you can join us for this fun challenge...

Gosh, I can't believe that 2017 is nearly over. It honestly doesn't seem five minutes since last Christmas. Its been quite a stressful year for me, as mum isn't too well, and so crafting and blogging have been on the back burner. All I seem able to make at the moment is the CraftsUPrint decoupage kits. So I will probably be making more of them in the new year. I do enjoy making them though.

My lovely daughter is coming over to stay for a few days tomorrow. We are hoping mum will stay reasonably well over Christmas. I'm just looking forward to reading, doing some genealogy and enjoying the TV. Can't wait for Victoria and Call the Midwife!

I would like to thank you all for being such devoted followers and commenting. I know I am not around very much, but I will try and keep in touch. Looking forward to seeing all your creations for this challenge! ;-))

Hope you all have a very Happy and Peaceful Christmas!
Take care
Lots of Love 

9 comments:

meg said...

Sorry to read that mum is not keeping too well at the moment Sue, I hope 2018 brings better health to both of you, enjoy your time with your daughter and favourite tv programmes. Love the cross stitch, I see what you mean about the shading, worth it though it makes a beautiful keepsake. Looking forward to having the boys home together for a few days, take care, have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, love Meg xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so beautiful Sue. Does look like it would take a lot of patience to achieve but the hard work was worth it. It is so gorgeous. You are very talented sweetie. Hope 2018 brings better health to both yourself & Mum.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Chrissy said...

Sue, your cross stiching is beautiful..I love the little snow drops here and there and love the sweet prize of those little dies..I hope you Mum feels better soon and may you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2018..

Luv CHRUISSYxx

Wendy L said...

Hi Sue, your pic looks great and lots of work too, thank you.
Merry Christmas to you and yours and hope all is peaceful for you and your daughter and Mum, xxxx

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous cross stitch creation Sue, so colorful, I love it! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and blessed New Year!
Big hugs, Tammy

cotnob said...

Beautiful cross stitch Sue, you must be very patient - I bet it looks lovely framed on your wall.
I'm sorry to hear that your Mum has not had a good year, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and that next year is better for your both.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kathleen said...

Hi Sue, what a fabulous creation, beautiful cross stitching and using gorgeous colours, look really great with the black frame.
Sorry to hear that your Mum is still not well, hope the New Year will bring her better health.
Like you I am stunned how quickly this year has gone, like a blink of an eye.
I certainly hope that 20178 will bring better health to both you and your Mum and that you really enjoy your Daughters visit.
I am away for Christmas, Hubby's 70th, so I will wish you a very Happy Christmas and all good wishes for 2018.

Kath xx

Pia S said...

Your stitched creation looks beautiful and great idea to frame it.
I hope you're having an enjoyable Christmas time.

Aunty Sue said...

Simply beautiful and long time since I did any but think I might have to try some when the light improves would make great presents